Paper filing and searches: UCC
How to file or search by paper
- Get a copy of the UCC national form from this website or a stationery or office supply store where legal forms are sold.
- Type in the information.
- Mail the completed form to the UCC Filing Office at:
UCC Filing Office
Department of Licensing
PO Box 9660
Olympia, WA 98507-9660
When to choose this option
- If you need to pay by check or money order.
- If you have attachments on paper that must be included. (Please see Revised Article 9 or consult a legal advisor on their necessity.)
- If you don’t have Internet access.
No development costs. Information may be typed right into the UCC national form provided on our website.
- Cost: It costs more to submit paper filings than electronic submissions, and paper filings require postage.
- Longer wait times: It takes at least 2 days longer to file or search by paper. Mailing time is added at both the beginning and end of the process.
- Personal or business check
- Money order
- If you have a pre-established account, electronic funds transfer