Frequently asked questions: Appraisal management companies

Who will need a license?

All appraisal management companies who contract with Washington appraisers for appraisal services in Washington State will be required to have a license with us. For details, see RCW 18.310: Appraisal management companies.

How do I get license application forms?

See Forms to get the applications you need to apply for a license, provide a surety bond, and register a designated controlling person for your company.

What are the license requirements?

When you apply for a license, you must:

  • Have a $100,000 surety bond.
  • Provide fingerprint cards for background checks on all:
    • Controlling persons.
    • Owners who own more than 10% of the company.
  • Have a process to verify that a person being added to your appraiser panel has a valid Washington license.
  • Have a system to periodically review the work of appraisers performing appraisal services for the company.
  • Maintain detailed records of service requests and appraisal reports.

How long will the license be valid?

2 years.

Washington Healthcare Finder
Access Washington