How to renew your license: Appraisers
How to renew
- Renew online using the password that appears on your renewal notice.
- Renew by mail:
- Send us all of the following:
- Your renewal notice (renewal every other birthday).
- The completed Real Estate Appraiser/Appraiser Trainee Renewal Affidavit you received with your renewal notice.
- The fee (check or money order payable to the Department of Licensing).
- Proof that you’ve completed 28 hours of continuing education, including the 7-hour USPAP update course. (See the course catalog for approved courses.)
- Mail your renewal materials and fee to:
Real Estate Appraiser Section
Department of Licensing
PO Box 3917
Seattle, WA 98124-3917
Renewal notices are mailed approximately 3 months before your license or certificate expires.
If you didn’t receive a renewal notice or have moved, please contact our office. Appraisers are required by law to notify us within 10 days of an address change.
How long it will take to get your new license
You should get your license in 3–4 weeks, depending on mail time. To avoid being removed from lenders’ lists or experiencing other inconveniences, we recommend you renew early. You may renew up to 120 days before the expiration date.