Amateur mixed martial arts participant
What is amateur mixed martial arts?
It’s a combative sporting contest in which 2 competitors try to achieve dominance over one another using a variety of techniques including, but not limited to, striking, grappling, and submission holds.
Amateur mixed martial arts doesn’t include:
- Tae kwon do
- Kung fu
- Muay thai
You must be at least 18 years old to be licensed as an amateur mixed martial arts participant.
How to apply for a license
- Send us all of the following:
- A completed Combative Sports License Application.
- A small photo of yourself (no more than 2 years old).
- A standard sports physical that:
- Is signed by a medical doctor, osteopath, or naturopath.
- States you’re “cleared for all sports without restriction.”
- Is dated within 1 year of your application.
- A check or money order for the fee (payable to the Department of Licensing)
- Mail all your application materials to:
Department of Licensing
PO Box 3856
Seattle, WA 98124-3856