How to get your license: Auction company
Who needs a license?
You must have an auction company registration if your business:
- Sells or offers to sell goods or real estate.
- Arranges, sponsors, or manages auctions.
What you’ll need
- A completed Auctioneer/Auction Company Registration Application.
- A completed Financial Certification Affidavit (Form is included in application packet).
- A surety bond (Form is included in application packet).
- A tax registration number, also known as a Unified Business Identification (UBI) number.
- If you hold client funds for more than 24 hours, you must have a trust account (see RCW 18.11.230).
The amount of the bond you’ll need depends on the gross value of the goods you sell in Washington State:
- For existing companies, your gross sales during the previous calendar year.
- For new companies, an estimate of your gross sales during the current year.
|$500,000 or more
How to apply
Send your completed application, surety bond information, financial certification affidavit, and a check or money order for the fee (payable to the Department of Licensing) to:
Department of Licensing
PO Box 3856
Seattle, WA 98124-3856