How to get your license: Bail bond agency/branch office
Who needs a license?
Anyone you offers bail bond services.
To get this license, all company owners, partners, or agents must be at least 18 years old and be a U.S. citizen or resident alien and have:
- No criminal convictions in the past 10 years that directly relate to your ability to perform your duties or hinder public safety.
- A physical business location in Washington State.
- A valid business license with Business Licensing Service.
What you’ll need
- Bail Bond Agency/Branch Office License Application.
- Fee – check or money order payable to Department of Licensing.
- 3 years' proof that you’ve been a manager, supervisor, or administrator in bail bond business or related field.
- If you don’t provide proof, you’ll be scheduled for an exam within 3 weeks after we’ve received your paid application.
- A $10,000 surety bond.
- If you write property bonds – Court names that have given approval for the placing of property bonds.
- If you write surety bail bonds:
- The name and address of the surety.
- The attorney in fact.
- The name that the build-up fund is in.
- If your agency is a corporation:
- A copy of articles of incorporation
- A list of officers, Departments and their addresses.
How to apply
Mail application, any required attachments and payment to:
Bail Bond Program
Department of Licensing
PO Box 35001
Seattle, WA 98124-3401