Bail bond agency/branch office
To get a bail bond agency/branch office license, all company owners, partners, or agents must be:
- At least 18 years old.
- A United States citizen or resident alien.
You must also have the following:
- No criminal convictions within the past 10 years that directly relate to your ability to perform the duties of a private security guard or hinder public safety.
- A physical business location within Washington State.
- A valid business license with the Business Licensing Service.
What you’ll need to apply
You must provide the following when applying for a bail bond agency license:
- A completed Bail Bond Agency/Branch Office License Application.
- The application fee (check or money order payable to the Department of Licensing).
- Proof of 3 years’ experience as a manager, supervisor, or administrator in the bail bond business or related field. We’ll schedule you for an examination within 3 weeks of receiving your paid application if you don’t provide proof of experience.
- A $10,000 Surety Bond.
- If you write property bonds, the names of the court(s) that have given approval for the placing of property bonds.
- If you write surety bail bonds:
- The name and address of the surety.
- The attorney in fact.
- The name the build-up fund is in.
- If your agency is a corporation:
- A copy of articles of incorporation
- A list of officers and departments and their addresses.