How to get your license: Bail bond agent
All bail bond agents must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be a United States citizen or resident alien.
- Be employed by, or have an employment offer from, a licensed bail bond agency.
- Have no criminal convictions in the past 10 years that directly relate to the ability to perform the duties of a bail bond agent or that hinder public safety.
- Complete the training requirements.
- Pass a written exam or have 12 hours of prelicense training as described in WAC 308-19-300.
How to apply
To apply for a bail bond agent license, send us all of the following:
- A completed Bail Bond Agent License Application.
- A check or money order for the application fee (payable to the Department of Licensing).
- Your surety insurance license information.
- The name of the company you’re affiliated with.