How to renew your license: Collection agencies
When to renew
You must renew every year. The Business Licensing Service mails renewal notices about 6 weeks before a license expires.
How to renew your license
- Provide the name and phone number of a contact person at the licensed location.
- If you have a Collection Agency License, all contact people for offices in Washington State (WA) must be residents of WA.
- If you don’t list the contact information, your license renewal will be delayed.
- Fee – Check or money order payable to Department of Revenue.
- If you have an Out-of-State Collection Agency License, the renewal fee can be waived if your home state doesn’t require fees of non-resident, out-of-state agencies.
- Mail your renewal notice and fee to the address on the notice.