How to renew your license: Collection agencies
You must renew your license every year. The Business Licensing Service will mail you a renewal notice about 6 weeks before your license expiration date at the mailing address they have on file.
How to renew your license
- Provide the name and phone number of a contact person at the licensed location.
- If you have a Collection Agency License, all contact people for offices in Washington State must be residents of Washington.
- If you don’t list the contact information, your license renewal will be delayed.
- Submit the appropriate fee (check or money order payable to the Department of Revenue).
- If you have an Out-of-State Collection Agency License, the renewal fee can be waived if your home state doesn’t require fees of non-resident, out-of-state agencies.
- Mail your renewal notice and fee to the address on the notice.