Members and mission: Advisory Board
Interested in serving on the advisory board?
The Cosmetology, Barbering, Esthetics, and Manicuring Advisory Board is currently recruiting for:
- 1 public member
- 1 esthetician representative
- 1 manicurist representative
- 1 public vocational technical school representative.
- Public member: Must be a consumer who is unaffiliated with the cosmetology, barbering, esthetics, or manicuring industries.
- Esthetician: Must be a currently practicing licensee who has been engaged in the practice of esthetics for at least 3 years.
- Manicurist: Must be a currently practicing licensee who has been engaged in the practice of manicuring for at least 3 years.
- Public vocational technical school representative: Must be affiliated with a licensed public vocational technical school of cosmetology, barbering, manicuring and esthetics.
How to apply
Mail a résumé and a completed Advisory Board Application to the address on the form.
Duties and responsibilities
- Attend board meetings every other month. Workshops to rewrite laws are held on the months with no board meetings.
- Complete a 3-year term.
- Interpret community opinions, attitudes, and needs to agencies, the Legislature, and the Governor.
- Study programs and services, and analyze problems and needs.
- Offer new proposals and recommend changes in programs, policies and standards.
- Provide the public with information and interpretation of department and state policies, programs and budgets.
- Serve as an advisor on policy matters to the appointing authority responsible for administering policy.
- Study existing policy and make recommendations for change.
Board members are paid $50 each day spent conducting official business, and are reimbursed for travel expenses.
- Janiece Hoggatt, Chair — Apprentice program
- Rod Fender, Vice Chair — Private school
- Kathleen Sather — Manicurist, esthetician
- Larry Geiger — Cosmetologist
- Mary Tanneberg — Cosmetologist, esthetician
- Jeff Olson — Vocational School
- Megan Pedersen — Esthetician
- Randy Simon — Barber
- Cortney Young — Manicurist
- Vacant — Public member
To develop recommendations to the Director of the Department of Licensing, which promote protection of the consumer and address concerns of the licensees relating to RCW 18.16, within the authority granted by statute to the Advisory Board.
To promote safety, we educate and practice professionally and competently.