How to get your cosmetology instructor license: Out-of-state license
To get a license as a cosmetology instructor, you must have all of the following:
- A current instructor license in good standing in another state or foreign country.
- A current cosmetology, barber, manicurist, or esthetics license in Washington State.
How to get your license
- Complete an application form.
- Provide proof you have a current license in good standing in another state or foreign country.
- A copy of your license isn’t proof of licensure. Please contact the state you’re licensed in to request a verification.
- Provide proof you’ve passed the state-approved written and performance examinations.
- Mail your application, supporting documents, and a check for the fee (payable to the Department of Licensing) to:
Department of Licensing
PO Box 3856
Seattle, WA 98124-3856
Where can I find information about the examinations?
Please see Frequently asked questions.
Post your license
Your license must be posted at your work station.