How to get your instructor license: Out-of-state license
- To get your cosmetology instructor license in Washington state (WA), you must have:
- A current instructor license in good standing in another state or foreign country.
- A current cosmetology, barber, manicurist, esthetician, hair design, or master esthetician license in WA.
- After you get your license, you must post it at your work station.
How to get your license
- Complete an application form.
- Provide proof you’ve passed the state-approved written and performance examinations.
- Provide proof you have a current license in good standing in another state or foreign country.
- A copy of your license isn’t proof of licensure. Please contact the state you’re licensed in to request a verification.
- Mail your completed application, supporting documents, and a check or money order (payable to Department of Licensing) for the fee to:
Department of Licensing
PO Box 3856
Seattle, WA 98124-3856
Note: If you apply for a WA license, it won’t affect your license in another state.
Questions? Need help?