Continuing education: Court reporters
When you renew your court reporter certification, you must verify you have completed 5 continuing education units since you last renewed your license.
- 1 continuing education unit (CEU) = 60 minutes of education in an approved program.
- Continuing education units can’t be more than 1 year old.
- You can’t carry over excess CEUs from a previous year.
You can use any of the following to meet your continuing education requirements:
How to verify you have completed your continuing education
- Complete and sign the continuing education statement you received with your renewal notice. By signing the statement, you certify under penalty of perjury that you’ve met the continuing education requirements.
- Return the signed statement with your renewal notice and payment. For details about submitting your renewal, see How to renew your certificate.
You don’t need to send any documentation of your continuing education with your renewal. However, you must keep proof of your CEUs for at least 3 years so you can provide them to us upon request.