Roles and responsibilities: On-site wastewater design professionals
General areas of responsibility
A practicing on-site wastewater design professional:
- Performs services for new construction of a system.
- Evaluates existing on-site disposal systems.
Subjects typically addressed by on-site wastewater design professionals
The following examples are general guidelines, and shouldn’t be considered all inclusive.
||Subjects addressed by on-site wastewater design professionals|
- Existing site and system conditions
- Potable water source and utilities
- Topography and property information
- Surface water, ground water, and drainage
|Evaluation of soil
- Soil logs, sampling, and classifications
- Impervious layers and seasonal water table
- Fill areas and other adverse soil conditions
- Type of disposal system
- System components and operational parameters
- Disposal site preparation
- Construction conformance with design
- Report construction and site variances
- Operational testing and owner use
Contact us: DFCcompliance@dol.wa.gov