Disciplinary actions: Cemeteries
For details about many of these disciplinary actions, please see Search business and professional licenses.
Benson Family Funeral Services, dba The Moses Lake Cemetery — Moses Lake
- Endowment care fund — Authorized investments, deposits required, and use and care of funds.
- Funds authorized — Endowment care fund required.
- Other use of trust funds prohibited.
- Prearrangement trust funds — Deposit by 20th of the month, deposit of funds, and must depoosit 50%.
- Unauthorized loans — Anyone authorizing or receiving a loan from endowment care fund is guilty of a class C felony.
- Unprofessional conduct — Incompetence, negligence, or malpractice that results in harm or damage to another., misrepresentation in any aspect of the conduct of the business or profession, and violating any funeral/cemetery rules or associated rules.
- Withdrawals from trust funds — Withdrawals authorized under certain conditions.
- License suspended for 2 years, stayed (not imposed) if they comply with all other sanctions and no other violations during the suspension period.
- Fined $20,000, stayed (not imposed) if they comply with all other sanctions and no other violations during the 2-year suspension period.
- Ordered to pay full restitution to prearrangement trust fund within 6 months.
- Ordered to pay full restitution to endowment care fund within 6 months.
- Ordered to pay full restitution to the marker care fund within 18 months.
- Subject to unannounced endowment care, prearrangement trust, and marker care fund audits for 2 years.
Sticklin-Greenwood Memorial Park — Centralia
- Annual report of authority — Endowment care funds.
- Certificate of authority — Compliance required.
- Endowment care fund — Authorized investments.
- Endowment care fund — Use and care of funds.
- Failed to file reports.
- Prearrangement sales license required.
- Unprofessional conduct — Failed to cooperate with us in the course of an investigation, audit, or inspection.
- Unprofessional conduct — Incompetence, negligence, or malpractice that results in harm or damage to another.
- Ordered to cease and desist from the sale of prearrangement sales.
- Ordered to pay restitution to the trust fund within 5 years.
- Ordered to pay restitution to the endowment care fund within 5 years.
- Fined $20,000, to be paid within 5 years.
- Subject to an examination of endowment care fund once a year for 5 consecutive years.
- John Baker shall not be involved in the ownership or operation of the cemetery in any capacity for 25 years.
West Hills Memorial Park — Yakima
- Failed to deposit to the endowment card fund in a timely manner.
- Failed to deposit to the cemetery prearrangement trust fund in a timely manner.
- Invested cemetery prearrangement trust funds in instruments not issued or insured by the federal government.
- Didn’t file the required Endowment Care Fund Report in a timely manner.
- Didn’t file the required Cemetery Prearrangement Trust Fund Report in a timely manner.
- Failed to submit requested financial documentation relating to audit.
- Fined $30,000, to be paid within 60 days.
- Subject to unannounced audits of endowment care and prearrangement trust funds for 3 years.
- Ordered to submit all annual trust fund reports and supporting documents within required 90 days from end of fiscal year.
- Submit monthly bank statements for 3 years.
- Cemetery Certificate of Authority and Prearrangement Sales License endorsement suspended for 3 years (stayed). Stay is contingent on compliance with all other sanctions.