How to renew your license: Driver training instructor
When to renew
You must renew your license every 2 years.
We must receive your completed renewal application packet on or before the expiration date. There is no grace period for the renewal of an instructor license. Your license will be canceled if it expires and you will have to re–apply and take all the necessary exams. To re–apply, see How to get your license.
How to renew
Note: Renewal applications received after the license expiration date will not be processed
Bi–annual license renewal
- Complete the Driver Training School Instructor License Application:
- Select ‘renewal–$100 application fee’.
- Include 8 hours proof of continuing professional development.
- Include non–refundable renewal fee – Check/money order payable to Department of Licensing.
- Mail documents and fees to:
Driver Training Schools
Department of Licensing
PO Box 3907
Seattle, WA 98124–3907
- Allow at least 3 weeks for processing.
If it has been 5 years since your last fingerprint submission
Go to www.identogo.com to schedule an appointment through MorphoTrust, our electronic fingerprinting vendor. You will pay IdentoGO for taking your fingerprints and for the background checks required for your license type. For more details, see Fingerprinting and background checks.
Questions? Need help?