How to get your license: Driver training school staff certificate
Who needs a staff certificate?
Any driver training school employee who:
- Has unsupervised contact with students.
- Enters data into the Secure Access Washington (SAW) portal on behalf of the students.
- Enters test scores into the SAW portal on behalf of the school.
How to apply
- Complete a Driver Training School Staff Certificate Application
- Mail the application to:
Driver Training Schools
Department of Licensing
PO Box 3907
Seattle, WA 98124–3907
- Go to www.identogo.com to schedule an appointment through MorphoTrust, our electronic fingerprinting vendor. You will pay IdentoGO for taking your fingerprints and for the background checks required for your license type. For more details, see Fingerprinting and background checks.
After we’ve received your application
We’ll process your application and wait for the results from the Washington State Patrol for state and national background checks. This can take up to 6 weeks. For questions, call 360.664.6692.