How to renew your license: Driver training school staff certificate
When to renew
Your staff certificate is valid for 1 year. We’ll mail a renewal notice to your residence 80 days before your certificate expires. If you don’t get one, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 360.664.6692.
How to renew
- Complete a Driver Training School Staff Certificate Application.
- Check “Renewal” or “5 years since last fingerprint submission” box at the top of the form.
- If fingerprints are not required, include a check payable to Department of Licensing for the non–refundable Washington Access to Criminal History (WATCH) fee.
- Mail your completed application and WATCH fee (if applicable) to:
Driver Training Schools
Department of Licensing
PO Box 3907
Seattle, WA 98124–3907
- If it has been 5 years since your last fingerprint submission, go to www.identogo.com to schedule an appointment through MorphoTrust, our electronic fingerprinting vendor. You will pay IdentoGO for taking your fingerprints and for the background checks required for your license type. For more details, see Fingerprinting and background checks.
If fingerprints are not required, allow at least 3 weeks for us to review your application and mail your new certificate.
If fingerprints are required, allow up to 6 weeks for us to receive your background check, review your application, and mail your new certificate.
We can’t accept renewal applications postmarked after the certificate expiration date. If the expiration date on your certificate has passed, you must reapply by following the instructions under How to get your license.