How to get your license: Engineers
Each type of license or certificate has different requirements and application procedures. To learn how to get the type of license that applies to you, see:
- Professional engineer license by exam
- Professional engineer license by comity
To apply for a license by comity, you must meet both the following requirements:
- You must have your exams and professional engineer license/registration verified by the jurisdiction that issued them. This jurisdiction must:
- Be a member of the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES).
- Send the original verification directly to us as described in the application form.
- If you passed the NCEES engineering exams outside the state of Washington, you must be currently licensed by a member board of the NCEES.
- Structural engineer license