Members: Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors
To safeguard life, health, and property, and to promote the public welfare in regards to engineering, land surveying and on-site wastewater system designs by assuring:
- Only qualified applicants are permitted to take the examinations for licensure.
- Only competent individuals are granted licensure to practice.
- Only licensed individuals are permitted to offer and/or provide service.
- Only registered businesses are authorized to provide services to the public.
- All applicants, registrants, and licensees maintain a high standard of practice and compliance with applicable statutes, rules, and regulations.
The board holds 6–8 two-day meetings each year. For information about upcoming board meetings, see Meetings and minutes.
|Scott Valentine, PLS
|Chun C. Lau, PE-Civil/Structural
|Stephen Shrope, PE-Civil/Structural
|Neil A. Norman, PE-Mechanical
|Nirmala Gnanapragasam, Ph.D, PE-Civil
|Ivan VanDewege, PE-Electrical
|James Wengler, PLS
Who's on the board?
The Washington Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors is made up of 7 members appointed by the Governor:
- 5 members are professional engineers.
- 2 members are professional land surveyors.
Members of the Washington Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors are appointed to a 5-year term, and may be reappointed to a second 5-year term. Board appointments are effective on July 9 of each year.
Requirements to be appointed to the board
To qualify, all board members must:
- Hold a valid Washington license as a professional engineer or land surveyor.
- Have been actively engaged in practice for at least 10 years after becoming a registered engineer or land surveyor.
- Have been actively engaged in practice for the 5 years immediately before being appointed to the board.
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Have been a resident of the state of Washington for the 5 years immediately before being appointed to the board.
Questions? Need help?