An “academic intern” is any student enrolled in an accredited college funeral service education program who is serving a 3-month internship at a participating Washington state funeral establishment as required for graduation.
- The internship can’t be longer than 3 months.
- All academic interns must:
- Register at the beginning of the academic internship.
- Serve their internship in accordance with the guidelines established by the funeral service education program.
How to apply
No exam is required to become an academic intern. To apply:
- Complete an Academic Intern Registration Application.
- Mail your completed application to the address on the application form. No fee is required.