How to get your license: Crematories
To operate a crematory, you must:
- Have a license or an endorsement on your funeral establishment license to operate a crematory or conduct a cremation. Conducting a cremation without a permit is a misdemeanor.
- Comply with all city or county zoning, health, and ecology ordinances.
How to get your license
- Complete an Crematory Operation Permit Application.
- Mail all of the following to the address on the application form:
- Your completed, signed application.
- A check or money order for the application fee (payable to the Department of Licensing).
Note: Please allow 5 days, not including mailing time, to process your application.