How to renew your license: Home inspectors
Things to know
Counter services closed on January 1, 2016.
- You can still mail applications and forms or use our online services where available.
- To receive updates and alerts, sign up for our listserv.
- If you still have questions call 360.664.6487 or email DOLINTHomeInspectors@dol.wa.gov.
How to renew
You may renew your home inspector license:
Submit all of the following with your renewal:
- Your renewal notice.
- The completed Home Inspector Renewal Affidavit you received with your renewal notice.
- A check or money order for the renewal fee (payable to the Department of Licensing).
- Proof you’ve completed 24 hours of approved home inspector continuing education since you last renewed. (See Home Inspector Education Course Catalog for a list of board-approved education)
When you’ll get your renewed license
We’ll send your renewed license to the address we have on file within 14 business days.
Your license renewal is due every other year on your birthday. You must renew your license on or before the expiration date printed on your license. We’ll mail you a renewal notice and attached affidavits about 60 days before your license renewal date.
- If we don’t receive your license renewal on or before the renewal date, you must pay a penalty fee.
- You have 1 year from the expiration date of your license to renew, or your license will be canceled.
You’re responsible for renewing your license on time. Please be aware of the expiration date on your license, as you’ll be considered unlicensed when your license expires.
Questions? Need help?