How to renew your license: Home inspectors
Things to know
- Your license renewal is due every 2 years on your birthday.
- You must renew your license on or before the expiration date printed on your license.
- We'll mail you a renewal notice about 60 days before your license renewal date.
Want to renew by mail?
What you'll need:
- 24 hours of continuing education.
- Your renewal notice.
- A completed Home Inspector Renewal Affidavit, which you should have received with your renewal notice. If you don't have your Renewal Affidavit, submit a completed Licensed Home Inspector Renewal Application.
- A check or money order for the renewal fee ($375) payable to the Department of Licensing.
Mail all documents and fees to:
Home Inspector Licensing
Department of Licensing
PO Box 3917
Seattle, WA 98124–3917
After we evaluate and approve your license renewal, we'll send your renewed license to the address we have on file within 14 business days.
Late renewals, cancellations, and reinstatements
If we don't receive your license renewal on or before the expiration date, you must pay an additional $60 penalty.
You have 1 year from the expiration date of your license to renew. If you don't renew your license within this time–frame, your license will be canceled.
You're responsible for renewing your license on time. You'll be considered unlicensed when your license expires.
If your license has been canceled, and you would like to reinstate your license, please contact our office at 360.664.6500 for more information about this process.
Questions? Need help?