How to renew your license: Home inspectors
Things to know
- Your License Renewal is due every 2 years on your birthday.
- You must renew your license on or before the expiration date printed on your license.
- We will mail you a Renewal Notice about 60 days before your license renewal date.
Want to renew by mail?
What you'll need:
- Your Renewal Notice
- A completed Home Inspector Renewal Affidavit, which you should have received with your Renewal Notice. If you do not have your Renewal Affidavit, submit a completed Licensed Home Inspector Renewal Application.
- Proof of completion of 24 hours of Washington State Home Inspectors Board–approved home inspector continuing education since you last renewed. Please see Home Inspector Education Course Catalog for a list of board–approved courses.
- A check or money order for the renewal fee ($375) payable to the Department of Licensing.
Mail all documents and fees to:
Home Inspector Licensing
Department of Licensing
PO Box 3917
Seattle, WA 98124–3917
After we evaluate and approve your License Renewal, we will send your renewed license to the address we have on file within 14 business days.
Late Renewals, Cancellations, and Reinstatements
If we do not receive your license renewal on or before the expiration date, you must pay an additional $60 penalty.
You have 1 year from the expiration date of your license to renew. If you do not renew your license within this time–frame, your license will be canceled.
You are responsible for renewing your license on time. You will be considered unlicensed when your license expires.
If your license has been canceled, and you would like to reinstate your license, please contact our office at 360.664.6500 for more information about this process.
Questions? Need help?