How to get your license: Landscape architects

Steps to apply if you don’t have a degree

  1. Mail the:
  2. If we approve your application, we’ll notify the Council of Landscape Architectural Registration Boards (CLARB) that you’re eligible to take the exam.
  3. Contact CLARB to take the Landscape Architect Registration Exam (LARE).
  4. CLARB will register you for the exam.
  5. When you’ve passed all sections of the exam, submit all of the following to the address in step 1 above:

Note: If you don’t pass the exam the first time, you may continue to take the exam until you pass. However, you must pass all divisions of the exam within 5 years. This 5-year time limit begins when you first pass a division of the exam.

Washington Healthcare Finder
Good To Go!
Access Washington – official state government website