How to get your license: Landscape architects
Steps to apply if you have a landscape architecture degree
- Contact the Council of Landscape Architectural Registration Boards (CLARB) (www.clarb.org) to take the Landscape Architect Registration Exam (LARE).
- CLARB will register you for the exam.
- After you’ve passed all sections of the exam:
- If you have a CLARB Council Record, submit all of the following:
- If you don’t have a CLARB Council Record, submit all of the following:
- Mail your completed forms, supporting documents, and fee to
Board of Licensure for Landscape Architects
PO Box 35001
Seattle, WA 98124–3401
If you don’t pass the exam the first time, you may continue to take it until you pass. However, you must pass all divisions of the exam within 5 years. This 5–year time limit begins when you first pass a division of the exam.
Questions? Need help?