How to get your license: Landscape architects

Steps to apply if you have a landscape architecture degree

  1. Contact the Council of Landscape Architectural Registration Boards (CLARB) ( to take the Landscape Architect Registration Exam (LARE).
  2. CLARB will register you for the exam.
  3. After you’ve passed all sections of the exam:
  4. Mail your completed forms, supporting documents, and fee to
    Board of Licensure for Landscape Architects
    PO Box 35001
    Seattle, WA 98124–3401

If you don’t pass the exam the first time, you may continue to take it until you pass. However, you must pass all divisions of the exam within 5 years. This 5–year time limit begins when you first pass a division of the exam.

Questions? Need help?

Contact us

Washington Healthcare Finder
Good To Go!
Access Washington – official state government website