How to get your license: Landscape architects
Steps to apply if you have a landscape architecture degree
- Contact the Council of Landscape Architectural Registration Boards (CLARB) to take the Landscape Architect Registration Exam (LARE).
- CLARB will register you for the exam.
- After you’ve passed all sections of the exam:
- If you have a CLARB Council Record, submit all of the following:
- If you don’t have a CLARB Council Record, submit all of the following:
- Mail your completed forms, supporting documents, and fee to
Board of Licensure for Landscape Architects
PO Box 35001
Seattle, WA 98124-3401
Note: If you don’t pass the exam the first time, you may continue to take it until you pass. However, you must pass all divisions of the exam within 5 years. This 5-year time limit begins when you first pass a division of the exam.