Being audited: Landscape architects
Each year 5–15% of licensees will be chosen at random to be audited by the board on the professional development hours (PDH) earned.
Record you need to keep
We’ll accept receipts, certificates, or rosters showing you attended a professional development activity. The records must include:
- The date of the activity.
- The instructor’s name.
- A description of activity.
- The location of the activity.
- The number of professional development hours.
How long to keep records
You must keep your records for a total of 5 years, including:
- The cumulative time in your current renewal period.
- The 3 years before your last renewal.
What to expect if you’re audited
- You’ll be required to submit your documentation 30 days after being selected for an audit.
- We’ll evaluate your records and complete them as they arrive. We’ll contact you if we need additional information.
- We’ll send you a letter of completion if you have met all the audit requirements.
After the audit
Don’t dispose of your records after you have been audited. You must keep them for a total of 5 years.