Recordkeeping and business practices: Limousines
Your Unified Business Identifier (UBI) number must be included on any advertisement for your business.
Every limousine business must have all the following documents on file and available for inspection for each chauffeur:
- A clear copy (front and back) of a valid Washington State driver license.
- A valid chauffeur training certificate from an approved training provider. (See Training for a list of approved trainers.)
- Training test scores, if available.
- An Employment Abstract of Driving Record issued by the Department of Licensing within the past 60 days.
- See Driving record to learn how to get this driving record online.
- If the chauffeur has lived in another state in the past 5 years, you also must have a complete driving record from the previous state.
- The results of a background check from the Washington State Patrol within the last 2 years.
- A U.S. Department of Transporation medical certificate certifying the individual’s fitness to be a chauffeur. A new exam and medical certificate is required every 2 years. There are 2 parts to the certificate:
- A drug test report obtained in the last 90 days.
- A report or certificate from a drug testing facility stating the chauffeur is participating in a random testing program. You must get a new report for each driver every year.
All the documents listed above must be kept on file and available for review upon request. Don’t send them to us.