Recordkeeping and business practices: Limousines
Your Unified Business Identifier (UBI) must be included on any advertisement for your business.
Limousine businesses must have the following on file and available for inspection for each chauffeur:
- Copy of valid WA State driver license (front and back).
- Valid chauffeur training certificate from approved trainers.
- Training test scores, if available.
- A Department of Licensing, Employment Driving Record issued no more than 60 days before hire.
- See options on how to purchase a Driving record.
- If they've lived in another state in the past 5 years, you must have a complete driving record from the previous state.
- Results of a background check from the Washington State Patrol within the last 2 years.
- A U.S. Department of Transporation medical certificate certifying their fitness to be a chauffeur. Exam and medical certificate is required every 2 years:
- All drug test reports obtained within the last year. New reports are required each year.
- A report or certificate from a drug testing facility stating the chauffeur is participating in a random testing program.
All the documents listed above must be kept on file and available for review upon request. Don’t send them to us.