Recordkeeping and business practices: Limousines
Your Unified Business Identifier (UBI) number must be included on any advertisement for your business.
Limousine carriers are selected on a random basis for audits of records. All the documents listed below must be kept on file and available for review upon request. Don’t send them to us unless directed to do so.
- Advertising records and contracts
- Passenger manifests
- Dispatch log
- Contracts for related services
- Customer payment records
- Collision and injury reports
- Customer comments or complaints and responses
- Inspection reports
- Registration certificates
- Insurance certificates
- Maintenance records
Maintained for each chauffeur:
- Copy of valid WA State driver license (front and back).
- Valid chauffeur training certificate from an approved trainer.
- Training test scores.
- A Department of Licensing Employment Driving Record issued no more than 60 days before hire.
- See options on how to purchase a driving record.
- If they've lived in another state in the past 5 years, you must have a complete driving record from the previous state.
- Results of a background check from the Washington State Patrol within the last 2 years.
- A U.S. Department of Transportation medical certificate certifying their fitness to be a chauffeur. Exam and medical certificate is required every 2 years:
- A drug test report obtained within the past 90 days.
- A report or certificate from a drug testing facility stating the chauffeur is participating in a random testing program. An updated report must be obtained each year before recertifying the chauffeur on your annual renewal application.