How to renew your license: Limousines
Things to know
- Licenses expire in 1 year.
- You can renew your license 120 days before it expires.
How to renew
Renew online with the Department of Revenue
What you'll need:
- Supporting documents shown below, ready for upload
- MasterCard, Visa, or American Express credit/debit card (transaction fee charged) or bank account information for E–check to pay:
- BLS renewal fee
- Limousine carrier, vehicle certificate, and vehicle inspection fees (inspection fee due to Department of Licensing only if vehicles were inspected by Washington State Patrol; inspection fee is paid directly to City of Seattle if vehicle inspected by them)
Want to renew by mail?
Follow the instructions on your renewal letter. If you did not receive a renewal letter, contact Business Licensing Service at 800.451.7985. Have your Unified Business Identification (UBI) number ready.
Supporting documents for your renewal
*Your application may be delayed if the business entity name (and DBA/trade name, if applicable) are not the same, or very similar, on all the documents.
- Inspection report for each vehicle. To schedule appointments:
- Get your limousine vehicle inspection at a Washington State Patrol location or the City of Seattle (www.seattle.gov)
- Schedule your inspection early, there's usually a waiting list
- We accept reports up to 4 months old with your renewal
- If you’re adding or deleting chauffeurs, Limousine Carrier Chauffeur Addendum
- If you’re adding vehicles:
- Vehicle registration certificates for added vehicles* – Copy for each limousine with Use Class of ”F/H.” See sample registration
- Updated Certificate of liability insurance* showing:
After you renew
After all correct documents have been received, we will send your license to the address on file within 14 business days.
Limousine carriers have important recordkeeping requirements for their business, vehicles, and chauffeurs. For more information, see Recordkeeping and business practices.
Questions? Need help?