Placing a license on inactive status: Military assistance

Who qualifies

You may be eligible for assistance with placing a professional license on inactive status in Washington State if you’re:

  • A member of the U.S. armed forces
  • A member of the U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps
  • A member of the U.S. Merchant Marines
  • The spouse or registered domestic partner of any of the above.

Inactivating your license

If you have a professional license issued by the Washington State Department of Licensing, you may have your license placed on inactive status:

  • While deployed outside the state.
  • or
  • Until discharged from the military.

Reactivating your license

We recommend you reactivate the license within 1 year of returning to Washington or being discharged from the service.

More information

To inactivate or reactivate your license, please contact the program area that licenses your profession.

See also:

Washington Healthcare Finder
Good To Go!
Access Washington – official state government website