Getting or transferring a license: Military assistance
You may be eligible for assistance getting a professional license in Washington State if you’re:
- A member of the U.S. armed forces
- A member of the U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps
- A member of the U.S. Merchant Marines
- The spouse or registered domestic partner of any of the above.
Types of assistance available
- Use of military experience and training
Many programs accept military experience or training to assist in meeting the qualifications for licensure.
- Expedited or temporary license
If you have a current professional license from another state and are relocating to Washington State, you may be able to get an expedited license for your profession in Washington.
For specific requirements and assistance, please contact the program area that licenses your profession.