How to change your name or address: Notaries public
How to change your name on your notary certificate and stamp
- Request a surety bond rider with your new name from your bonding company.
- Complete a Notary Public Name Change Application.
- If your mailing address has changed, include this change on the form and we’ll update your record. Otherwise we’ll mail your certificate to the address we have on file.
- Send us the rider and a check or money order for the $15 certificate fee (payable to the Department of Licensing) at:
Notary Public Program
Department of Licensing
PO Box 35001
Seattle, WA 98124-3401
- Provide a copy of the new certificate to a stamp vendor of your choice to have a new stamp or seal made.
How to change your contact information
What you'll need
- Your license number
- An email address, if we don’t already have one on file
Want to change your contact information by mail?
- Include all of the following in an email, fax, or letter:
- Your name as it appears on your notary certificate
- Your date of birth (as an extra identifier)
- Your previous address, phone, and/or email
- Your new address, phone, and/or email
- Send it to:
- We’ll update your record