How to change your name or address: Notaries public

How to change your name on your notary certificate and stamp

  1. Request a name change rider from your bonding company.
  2. Send us the rider and a check or money order for the $15 certificate fee (payable to the Department of Licensing) at:
    Notary Public Program
    Department of Licensing
    PO Box 35001
    Seattle, WA 98124-3401
  3. If you have a different address from the last one you gave us, include it and we’ll update your record. Otherwise we’ll mail your certificate to the address we have on file.
  4. Provide a copy of the new certificate to a stamp vendor of your choice to have a new stamp or seal made.

How to change your address

  1. Notify us about your new address, including all of the following:
    • Your name as it appears on your notary certificate
    • Your date of birth (as an additional identifier)
    • Your previous address
    • Your new address
  2. Send it to us by:
    • Email:
    • Fax: 360.570.7053
    • or
    • Mail:
      Notary Public Program
      Department of Licensing
      PO Box 9027
      Olympia WA 98507-9027
  3. We’ll update your record.
Washington Healthcare Finder
Good To Go!
Access Washington – official state government website