How to get your armed private investigator license
Who needs a license?
You must have an armed private investigator license if you carry a firearm while on duty working for a licensed private investigator agency providing:
- Investigation, escort, or bodyguard services.
- Property loss prevention activities.
To be licensed as an armed private investigator, you must:
- Be licensed as an unarmed private investigator or agency principal.
- Be at least 21 years old.
- Have a current firearms certificate issued by the Washington State Criminal Justice Training Commission (WSCJTC). For a list of firearm instructors, visit the WSCJTC website.
How to apply
Apply directly to the investigator company you wish to work for. To apply, submit all of the following: