How to get your unarmed private investigator license
Who needs a license?
You must have a license to work for a licensed private investigator agency providing investigation, escort, or bodyguard services, or engaging in property loss prevention activities.
To be licensed as an unarmed private investigators, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be a United States citizen or resident alien.
- Be employed by, or have an employment offer from, a licensed private investigator company.
- Have no criminal convictions that directly relate to your capacity to perform the duties of a private investigator and/or hinders public safety.
- Complete the pre-assignment training requirements.
How to apply
Apply directly to the private investigator agency you wish to work for. To apply, submit all of the following: