An assumed name for a real estate firm must:
- Be authorized by the designated broker.
- Have the same Unified Business Identifier (UBI) number as the firm.
- Be different than assumed names used by other licensed real estate firms.
- Not imply the firm is a public agency or a government, nonprofit, or reasearch organization.
How to apply for a license
- Complete the Real Estate Firm Assumed Name Application, following the instructions on the form.
- Submit your completed application with a check or money order for the fees (payable to the Department of Licensing):
How to renew
Assumed name licenses expire when the firm license expires.
- Renew online, and pay with a Visa, Mastercard, or American Express credit or debit card.
- Enter the password on your renewal notice and your firm’s information.
- When you’ve finished renewing online, print the final confirmation screen for your records.
- Renew by mail, by sending your renewal notice and a check or money order for the fees to the location shown on the renewal notice.
- Renew in person, by submitting your renewal at our Olympia office (2000 4th Ave W).