Branch offices: Real estate firms
Things to know
Counter services closed on January 1, 2016.
- You can still mail applications and forms or use our online services where available.
- To receive updates and alerts, sign up for our listserv.
- If you still have questions call 360.664.6500 or email RealEstate@dol.wa.gov.
Who needs a license?
If your firm operates branch offices, you must have an branch office license for each location in addition to your firm license.
A branch office for a real estate firm must:
- Be authorized by the designated broker.
- Have the same Unified Business Identifier (UBI) number as the firm.
- Be established under the name of the firm.
- Have a managing broker licensed for the branch office who is endorsed as a branch manager.
How to apply for a license
- Complete the Real Estate Branch Office License Application, following the instructions on the form.
- Submit your completed application with a check or money order for the fees (payable to the Department of Licensing):
How to renew
Branch office licenses expire 2 years after their issue date.
- Renew online, and pay with a Visa, Mastercard, or American Express credit or debit card.
- Enter the password on your renewal notice and your firm’s information.
- When you’ve finished renewing online, print the final confirmation screen for your records. You will get your license in the mail.
- Renew by mail, by sending your renewal notice and a check or money order for the fees to the location shown on the renewal notice.
Questions? Need help?