How to get your license: Managing brokers
To qualify for a managing broker’s license, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Provide proof you have at least 3 years of full-time experience as an active real estate broker, or other qualifying experience as described in WAC 308-124A-713.
- Successfully complete 90 hours of approved real estate education within 3 years before applying for the exam. This education must include:
- 30 hours of brokerage management
- 30 hours of business management
- 30 hours of advanced real estate law
- Pass the managing broker’s Exam.
For a list of approved real estate education, see the Real Estate Education Course Catalog.
How to apply for a license
If you’ve passed the managing broker’s exam:
- Complete the Real Estate License Application, following the instructions on the form.
- Submit your completed application with a check or money order for the fees (payable to the Department of Licensing):
If you have a license in another state:
- Request a certified license history from the real estate licensing agency in the state where you’re currently licensed.
- If you’ve had an active license in the previous 6 months, you’ll only be required to take the Washington State portion of the licensing exam.
- If you qualify, we’ll waive the education requirements.
- Submit your license history with a cover letter that includes your mailing address:
Your managing broker’s license will expire 2 years after it is issued.
Need more information?
|If you have questions about…
||Call us at…|
|Getting a license