How to get your registration: Rental cars

Due to facility issues, this licensing program has limited operations. There may be delays in responding to requests. We apologize for the inconvenience. We’re working toward resuming all business operations as soon as possible.

Who needs a license?

You must have a rental car registration to conduct a retail rental car business in Washington state.

How to apply

  • Online: Complete the online Business License Application with the Business Licensing Service at the Department of Revenue, and pay with a MasterCard, Visa, or American Express card (No gift cards).
  • By mail:
    1. Complete a Business License Application.
    2. Mail your completed application with a check or money order for the fees (payable to the Department of Revenue) to:
      State of Washington
      Business Licensing Service
      PO Box 9034
      Olympia, WA 98507-9034

Address changes

If you move, or your address changes, please contact the Business Licensing Service to update your license.

Washington Healthcare Finder
Good To Go!
Access Washington – official state government website