How to get your private security guard company license
Who needs a license?
You must have private security guard company license to operate a business that provides security guard services on contract.
- All company owners, partners or qualifying agents must be:
- At least 21 years old.
- A United States citizen or resident alien.
- You must have:
- No criminal convictions that directly relate to your capacity to perform the duties of a private security guard and/or hinders public safety. (See Recommended sanctions for details about criminal convictions.)
- A physical location of the business within Washington.
- A valid business license with the Department of Revenue.
How to apply
Submit all of the following:
- A completed Private Security Guard/ Qualifying Principal License Application.
- The non-refundable application fee.
- 1 completed fingerprint card.
- Proof of 3 years’ experience as a manager, supervisor, or administrator in a security guard business or related field. An examination will be scheduled within 3 weeks of receipt of a paid application if no experience is provided.
- A certificate of liability insurance with minimum coverage of $25,000 bodily injury and $25,000 property damage.