How to get your unarmed private security guard license
To be licensed as an unarmed private security guard, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be a United States citizen or resident alien.
- Be employed by, or have an employment offer from, a licensed private security guard company.
- Have no criminal convictions that directly relate to your capacity to perform the duties of a private security guard or that hinder public safety. (See Recommended Sanctions for details about criminal convictions.)
- Complete the pre-assignment training requirements.
How to apply
Apply directly to the security guard company you wish to work for. To apply, submit all of the following: