Preassignment training study guide: Security guards
Preassignment training must include the following areas of required knowledge:
- Basic role of the security guard.
- Washington State licensing laws.
- Proper actions, reactions, ethics and diversity.
- Homeland Security – Terrorism and Surveillance.
Legal powers and limitations
- Citizen arrest.
- Authority to detain, question, or search a private citizen.
- Authority to search or seize private property.
- Use of force.
- Building relationships with law enforcement.
- Avoiding liability
- How to define what is or is not an emergency situation.
- Response to fires.
- Response to medical emergencies.
- Response to criminal acts.
- Bomb threats.
Safety and accident prevention
- Hazardous materials including MSDS.
- Accident reporting.
Report writing. It’s a legal document
- Elements and characteristics of a report.