How to get your license: Permanent cosmetics artists
Who needs a license
You must have a permanent cosmetics artist license if you charge a fee to apply permanent eyeliner, eyebrows, lip liner, lip color, or repigmentation by implanting pigment under the skin. This is a form of tattooing.
To get a permanent cosmetics artist license, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Have a current bloodborne pathogens certificate. To learn where you can get this training, see Training resources.
How to apply
- Complete a Body Art, Body Piercing, Tattoo Artist, Permanent Cosmetics License, Renewal, or Reinstatement Application.
- Mail your application to the address on the form. Be sure to include all of the following:
- Completed application form.
- Any necessary supporting documents.
- Check or money order for the fee (payable to the Department of Licensing).
How long your license is valid
Your license is valid for 1 year after we issue it.