How to renew your license: Shops, mobile units, and event locations
When to renew
Your shop, mobile unit, or event license will expire 1 year after it is issued, or when your business liability insurance expires, whichever comes first.
- If you don’t renew before it expires, you must pay an additional late fee.
- If you don’t renew within 1 year after it expires, you must reapply for a license.
How to renew
To renew online:
- Sign in with the password on your renewal notice.
- Enter your information.
- Pay with a Visa, MasterCard, or American Express credit or debit card (gift cards aren’t accepted).
- If your license hasn’t expired or has been expired less than 1 year:
- Complete and sign your renewal notice.
- Mail it to the address on the renewal notice with a check or money order for the fee (payable to the Department of Licensing). If you don’t renew your license before it expires, you must pay an additional late fee.
- If your license has been expired for 1 year or more, you must reapply for a license. To reapply:
- Complete a Body Art, Body Piercing, and Tattoo Shop, Mobile Unit, or Event Location Application.
- Mail it to the address on the form with a check or money order for the fee (payable to the Department of Licensing).
When you’ll get your new license
- If you renewed online: Within 14 business days.
- If you renewed by mail: Within 45 days.