File a complaint: Taxis
How to file a complaint
- Complete a Dealer, Manufacturer and For Hire Complaint. Check the “For-hire (taxi)” box in the first section of the form.
- Enclose all of the following:
- Copies of all documents related to your complaint.
- A detailed explanation of your complaint, including:
Describe events in the order they occurred.
- Other parties involved.
- The license plate number of the for-hire vehicle.
- A summary of efforts you’ve already made to resolve the problem.
- Submit your complaint and all supporting documents:
What happens after you submit your complaint
- We determine if the complaint falls within our legal authority.
- If it isn’t covered by our laws, we’ll notify you.
- If it appears to fall within our authority, we may conduct an investigation. Our investigator will act as an impartial, fact-finding third party. During the investigation, they aren’t representing you, us, or the service provider. The investigator may contact the person you filed your complaint against to ask for a response, and may give them a copy of your complaint. The length of time an investigation takes depends on current caseload and the complexity of the case.
- After all the facts have been gathered, we evaluate the information.
- If the evidence doesn’t show a violation of the laws, we’ll dismiss the case.
- If a violation has occurred, we may recommend a disciplinary action, such as a reprimand, fine, or license suspension.
- The person you filed the complaint against may request a hearing to dispute the decision.
- We’ll notify you of the outcome of your complaint.
Note: Our decisions don’t constitute legal opinion. We don’t have the authority to recover funds, award damages, or make
judicial determinations. To pursue these types of remedies, seek legal advice.