File a complaint: Telephone solicitors
How to file a complaint
- Complete a Business Resources Complaint and include all of the following:
- Copies of all documents related to your complaint.
- A detailed explanation of your complaint, in the order they occurred, including:
- Other parties involved.
- A summary of efforts you’ve already made to resolve the problem.
- Submit your complaint and all supporting documents:
What happens after you submit your complaint
- We determine if the complaint falls within our legal authority.
- If it isn’t covered by our laws, we’ll notify you.
- If it's within our authority, we may conduct an investigation. Our investigator will act as an impartial, fact-finding third party. During the investigation, they aren’t representing you, us, or the service provider. The investigator may contact the person you filed your complaint against to ask for a response, and may give them a copy of your complaint. The length an investigation takes will depend on current caseload and complexity of the case.
- After we’ve gathered all the facts, we review the information. .
- If the evidence doesn’t show a violation of the laws, we’ll dismiss the case.
- If a violation has occurred, we may recommend a disciplinary action, such as a reprimand, fine, or license suspension.
- The person you filed the complaint against may request a hearing to dispute the decision.
- We’ll notify you of the outcome of your complaint.
Note: Our decisions don’t constitute legal opinion. We don’t have the authority to recover funds, award damages, or make
judicial determinations. To pursue these types of remedies, seek legal advice.
Questions? Need help?
Call us: 360.664.1530