How to get your license: Telephone solicitors
Who needs a license
You must have a commercial telephone solicitor license for:
- Each location that makes unsolicited commercial telephone calls and sells goods or products during the call
- Those who offer free prizes by mail and invite a telephone response.
- Those soliciting for educational, political, or charitable purposes.
- Those for whom less than 60% of the prior year’s sales were made by telephone solicitations.
- Those who sell to businesses who either resell the product or use it for manufacturing.
How to apply
- Complete the following forms:
- Mail the completed forms with a check or money order for the fees (payable to the Department of Department of Revenue) to:
State of Washington
Business Licensing Service
PO Box 9034
Olympia, WA 98507-9034
Please remember to enclose all necessary forms and fees so your license won’t be delayed.
Post your license
You must post a license must be posted at each location where you operate. You may not begin this business activity until you receive the required license.
If you move or your address changes, please contact us to update your license.