How to get your license: Timeshare company

Who needs a license?

You must have a timeshare company license to offer or sell a timeshare or the right to occupy a unit in 3 or more separate periods over at least 3 years.

How to apply

  1. File a business license application to get a Unified Business Identifier (UBI) number from the Department of Revenue.
    • Out-of-state businesses that only advertise in Washington aren’t required to apply for a UBI number in Washington, and can start at step 2 below.
  2. Complete a Timeshare Company Registration Application.
    • You must include your UBI number on the application.
  3. Provide a copy of the public offering statement with all the required documentation (See the sample form for details.)
  4. Mail your application materials and a check or money order for the fee (payable to the Department of Licensing) to:
    Timeshare Company Registrations
    Department of Licensing
    PO Box 9021
    Olympia, WA 98507-9021
Washington Healthcare Finder
Good To Go!
Access Washington – official state government website