How to get your license: Registered tow truck operator (RTTO)

Who needs a license?

You do, if your business:

  • Transports, impounds, or stores unauthorized vehicles.
  • Disposes of abandoned vehicles.

Licensing requirements

To get a license, you must have:

Tow truck requirements

Each tow truck must have a valid permit.

How to apply

  1. Mail all application materials with a check or money order for the fees (payable to Department of Revenue):
    State of Washington
    Business Licensing Service
    PO Box 9034
    Olympia, WA 98507-9034
  2. Once all your paperwork is received and correct, we’ll issue your license in 3–4 weeks.

Note: Remember to enclose all necessary documents and fees with your application. Contact our office, in writing, if your address changes.

Washington Healthcare Finder
Good To Go!
Access Washington – official state government website