How to get your license: Vehicle transporter

Who needs a license?

If you transport motor vehicles that aren’t owned by you or your company over any roads in Washington, you must have a vehicle transporter license.

License plate requirements

When you transport vehicles, you must have separate license plates for each vehicle driven under its own power.

Forms you’ll need

How to apply

Mail all the application materials listed above with a check or money order for the fees (payable to the Department of Revenue) to:

State of Washington
Business Licensing Service
PO Box 9034
Olympia, WA 98507-9034

Please let us know, in writing, if you have a change of address so we can reach you with information about your license.

Questions? Need help?

Contact us

Washington Healthcare Finder
Good To Go!
Access Washington – official state government website