How to get your license: Wrecker

Who needs a license?

You must have a wrecker license if your business buys or sells:

  • Wrecked titled or registered motor vehicles for the purpose of dismantling them.
  • Second-hand motor vehicle parts.

License plate requirements

You’ll need a wrecker license plate for each vehicle used to conduct business.

Zoning Requirements

You can find guidance regarding zoning requirements in these publications from the Department of Ecology:

Forms you’ll need

How to apply

Mail all the application materials listed above with a check or money order for the fees (payable to the Department of Revenue) to:

State of Washington
Business Licensing Service
PO Box 9034
Olympia, WA 98507-9034

Note: Please let us know, in writing, if you have a change of address so we can reach you with information about your license.

Washington Healthcare Finder
Access Washington – official state government website