How to get your license: Off–road vehicle dealer
The applicant/licensee must comply with all applicable laws and rules, even if not covered below.
Who needs a license?
Each business location that:
- Sells any motorized vehicles (other than snowmobiles or watercraft) intended for use on trails or cross–country
- Doesn’t hold a Miscellaneous Vehicle Dealer license
If you don’t have a dealer license, it is illegal to:
- Sell more than 4 vehicles registered to you in any 12 months
- Buy and sell vehicles for the purpose of making a profit
- Sell any number of vehicles that aren’t registered to you
All retail vehicle dealers are required to use the E–Permitting system. Find out more about E–Permitting.
How to apply
Note: We issue this license, but it's processed by the Department of Revenue’s Business Licensing Service (BLS). BLS prints it on the business license they provide. They refer to licenses issued by us as endorsements to the business license.
Apply online with the Department of Revenue
What you’ll need
Want to apply by mail?
- Complete or get the following:
- Mail the completed forms and supporting documents with a check/money order payable to the Department of Revenue for the BLS fees and the off–road vehicle dealer license and plate fees to:
State of Washington
Business Licensing Service
PO Box 9034
Olympia, WA 98507–9034
Questions? Need help?