How to get your license: Vehicle manufacturers
Businesses must have a license to:
- Manufacture or assemble new vehicles.
- Remanufacture used vehicles for transfer to dealerships in Washington for resale.
- Vehicle factory branches, representatives, or distributors.
To get a license, you must have all of the following:
- A vehicle manufacturer bond:
Bonds are available through many insurance companies. We recommend you research the cost of your bond before you apply for a license.
- A $40,000 bond if you manufacture only manufactured homes.
- A $20,000 bond if you manufacture only travel trailers, including 5th-wheel trailers.
- No bond is required if you manufacture only other types of vehicles (for example, cars and trucks).
- The following completed forms:
How to apply
Mail your completed application materials with a check or money order for the fee (payable to the Department of Revenue) to:
State of Washington
Business Licensing Services
PO Box 9034
Olympia, WA 98507-9034
Note: Please let us know, in writing, if you have a change of address so we can reach you with information about your license.