Change your address: Driver license and ID card
Things to know
- You have 10 days after you move to change your address on your driver license or ID card.
- There’s no cost to update your address. There is an additional fee for getting a new card with your updated address on it.
- Updating your address on your driver license doesn’t change your address on your vehicle. You’ll need to do that separately.
- If you want to see what addresses we have on file, log in or sign up for a License eXpress account.
- Choose how you want to update your address
- Decide if you want a new card
- Update your vehicle address, if needed
- Update your Good To Go! account, if needed
1. Choose how you want to update your address
You have 4 options:
2. Decide if you want a new card
- For an additional fee you can get an updated card with your new address on it. You have the option to purchase a new card (with your current photo) when you use our online services or visit an office where you’ll get a new photo taken.
- If you don’t want a new card right away, you can wait until you renew your license or ID. Since we don’t send a confirmation or a new address sticker, you won’t be able to use your card for proof of your current address.
3. Update your vehicle address, if needed
If you haven’t already, you may need to change your address on your vehicle registration.
4. Update your Good To Go! account, if needed
If you have a Good To Go! electronic tolling pass, be sure to update the contact information on your account with the Department of Transportation:
Questions? Need help?